Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro (2021) Laptop
€999,00 – €1.199,00 incl. VAT
Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro (2021) laptop with Intel i5 or i7 processor, with up to 4.8GHz or Ryzen R5 or R7 processor, with up to 4.1GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce MX450 2GB dedicated graphics or integrated Intel Iris Xe or integrated AMD Radeon Graphics, 512GB SSD storage, with battery for up to 12 hours of use and 15.6″ 3.2K Super Retina display.
The Xiaomi laptop, or Xiaomi laptops in general, broke the market from the first moment they went on sale and began to become popular worldwide. The value for money they offered in terms of features, design and versatility was unbeatable, and still is to this day. They are often compared to Apple Macbooks for their quality, but at a fraction of the price.
– SYSTEM AND KEYBOARD ADAPTED TO THE SELECTED LANGUAGE –
Buying a Xiaomi laptop was an almost impossible task. First they were in Chinese, then they took a month to arrive.
Even more complex was if you wanted a Xiaomi Laptop from Europe with warranty. It was also impossible to get a laptop in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian or Portuguese.
Finally, Xiaomi laptops arrive worldwide from Xiaomi Home, the only official Xiaomi store with worlwide reach to sell the prestigious Xiaomi laptops with warranty, shipping from Europe to Europe or from factory to worldwide and adapted to English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian or Portuguese, both in terms of system and keyboard. Find out more here.
Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro Laptop: Introduction
The Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro laptop is the newest of the Redmibook family, the best in quality – price of Xiaomi laptops. For this very reason, Redmibook are becoming Xiaomi’s most popular and best selling laptops. They fit everything the average user needs, at a laughable price, with excellent features, design and mobility.
So far. With the launch of the Redmibook 15 Pro, Xiaomi positions the Redmibook directly in the high-end, where before there was only the well-known Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro laptop, the Xiaomi laptop that put the rest on the map. For in fact, they have virtually identical features, except for the screen, where the new Mi Notebook Pro 15 2021 mounts an OLED display.
So as we say, the Redmibook are here to stay, and are the ideal Xiaomi laptop for the average and, now, advanced user as well. Especially in the particular model that concerns us, the Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro, since it is the most powerful to date of the Redmibook, and practically equals in power to the new Mi Notebook Pro 2021. Let’s see why:
- Made entirely of metal with a weight of 1.79kg.
- Intel i5-11300H or i7-11370H processor at up to 4.8GHz, or Ryzen R5/R7 at up to 4.1GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce MX450 2GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics or integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics, or integrated AMD Radeon Graphics.
- 512GB of ultrafast SSD storage
- 15.6″ inch Super Retina display in 3.2K resolution
- 16GB of dual-channel DDR4 3200MHz RAM memory
- 70Wh battery with Thunderbolt 4 type C charger with ultra-fast charging at 100W, allowing you to charge up to 50% of the battery in as little as 35 minutes and, mind you, ¡lasting up to 12 hours!
Buy Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro: specifications
1) Versions and differences of the Xiaomi Laptop
The Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro laptop from Europe has 5 different versions. In all cases, 2 aspects vary: processor and graphics card. As for the processor, it can be Intel i5-11300H or Intel i7-11370H, or Ryzen R5 or R7. Finally, the graphics card, it can be the NVIDIA GeForce MX450 with 2GB dedicated GDDR5, or Intel Iris Xe Graphics, for the versions with Intel processor, or the integrated AMD Radeon, in this case inferior to the previous one, for the variant with Ryzen processor.
Here we leave you a summary comparison of all versions, with each of their combinations to clearly see what changes from one to the other, with these changes marked in orange compared to the above version of each. For a somewhat more comprehensive and visual comparison, close this “Description” tab and open the “Version Comparison” tab:
- 1) Processor: Intel i5-10300H + RAM: 16GB + Storage: 512GB SSD + Graphics Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics (integrated).
- 2) Processor: Intel i5-10300H + RAM: 16GB + Storage: 512GB SSD + Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce MX450 (2GB dedicated)
- 3) Processor: Intel i7-13700H + RAM: 16GB + Storage: 512GB SSD + Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce MX450 (2GB dedicated)
- 4) Processor: Ryzen R5-5500U + RAM: 16GB + Storage: 512GB SSD + Graphics card: AMD Radeon Graphics (integrated)
- 5) Processor: Ryzen R7-5700U + RAM: 16GB + Storage: 512GB SSD + Graphics card: AMD Radeon Graphics (integrated)
2) Redmibook 15 Pro processor. Intel and Ryzen versions
The Redmibook 15 Pro has two processor options, the Intel i5-11300H, combinable with both NVIDIA GeForce MX450 and Intel Iris Xe graphics, while the other alternative, the Intel i7-11370H, is only available with the first graphics option, i.e. the more powerful of the two.
In more detail, the Intel i5-11300H is the 11th generation of Intel processors, the latest and most powerful to date. It reaches up to 4.4GHz of turbo power, with 3.1GHz of normal, and has 4 cores (quadcore) and 8 threads, as well as three-level cache at 8MB.
The other variant, which is the most powerful, has an Intel i7-11370H, also of the latest generation (11th). This reaches 4.8GHz of power in turbo, and 3.3GHz in normal, also with 4 cores (quadcore) and 8 threads, although with three levels of cache at 12MB, compared to the 8MB of the Intel i5.
Within the Ryzen branch, the exact processors used for the Redmibook 15 Pro are the Ryzen R5-5500U, with up to 4.0GHz, 6 cores (hexacore) and 6 threads. And on the other side, the Ryzen R7-5700U, with up to 4.1GHz, 8 cores (octacore) and 8 threads.
3) Xiaomi notebook graphics card
The Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro has an NVIDIA GeForce MX450 in its two most powerful versions, with 2GB dedicated. In its other case, we find the integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics card, and the integrated AMD Radeon graphics card for the Ryzen version which is a notable difference from the previous one. So if graphics and gaming are important aspects for you, the Intel version with the NVIDIA GeForce MX450 is your choice. With it you will be able to play virtually all games, even the latest generation, with medium – high settings.
If we still wanted more in this field, we only have one option right now, and we should go to a quite different type of laptop. The range of Xiaomi Gaming laptops where we find graphics cards with up to 6GB dedicated, where, without a doubt, we will be able to play any game with the graphics specifications to the maximum.
It has support for three-screen display and dual 4K video playback: that is, it can be connected to two 4K resolution displays, Full HD laptop display, or three displays showing different content. In addition, it has full-featured USB-C video output and HDMI video output. Resolution varies according to Hz as discussed below:
- 1080p resolution (up to 240 Hz)
- 4K resolution (up to 60 Hz)
- HDMI video:
- 1080p resolution (up to 144Hz)
- 4K resolution (up to 30Hz)
4) Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro Notebook RAM memory
This time, Xiaomi has gone all out, and all versions come with 16GB of DDR4 RAM as standard. This is a clear statement of intent in terms of power and quality, which can be seen in every aspect of this laptop. It also improves to 3200MHz dual-channel, compared to the 2666MHz that presented the rest of Xiaomi laptops presented to date.
5) Xiaomi laptop storage space
The Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro laptop has only versions with 512GB SSD storage in all cases. Very important to note that this is SSD storage space, something that is starting to become quite common among mid-range and high-end laptops, and of course, in all Xiaomi laptops, which makes the whole computer go much faster. As far as we know so far, it is not expandable.
6) Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro Notebook Design
This is a field where all Xiaomi laptops, especially those launched more recently, stand out enormously. Let’s be clear: if you start looking, you will find another laptop with similar specifications at a technical level. Now, when you ask these ones:
- Have a “transportable” weight (living up to its “portable” name).
- An elegant, slim, professional, minimalist, subtle design (can you tell I like its design? I’ll stop now, sorry!).
- And that it is constructed of premium materials (all metal).
All this “put together” in the clean and organized way of Xiaomi laptops, you can go quietly at prices ranging from double that of Xiaomi laptops, up to 3-4 times more, being their close cousins the Apple MacBook.
And even so, you will never be able to count on the reliability and confidence that what you have in your hands is a Xiaomi laptop. There’s a reason why their smartphones have become number 1 in sales Europe since their arrival, right? Well now take that, and apply it to their laptops. That said, let’s get down to business.
It has a clean and modern finish, made of pure metal to keep the equipment cool at all times. This makes it resistant to bumps, drops and scratches. The Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro Laptop also features a 15.6-inch screen. The difference lies in the thin screen margins, with an excellent screen-to-space ratio. Making the most of the available space and improving its appearance.
7) Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro laptop screen
As we advanced a moment ago, our favorite laptop has a 15.6″ inch screen. Although this time Xiaomi has pulled out all its artillery. For it is not only a high-definition screen, but neither more nor less than a Super Retina display with 3.2K resolution (3200 x 2000).
It has a brightness of 300 nits and a contrast ratio of 1500:1, with a refresh rate of 90Hz, adjustable to 60Hz if desired via the Fn + S keyboard combination. The above resolution translates to 242 PPI with a display ratio of 16:10. In addition, this is a ruggedized anti-glare display with a 178° viewing angle.
Very interesting are also the extremely thin bezels of just 4.3mm. that give a modern and clean look, and maximizes the screen-to-body ratio to 89.1%.
As far as screen size is concerned (and consequently, size of the entire laptop itself), the Redmibook line, has the widest options in this regard. It ranges from the 16.1″ of the Redmibook 16, to the 13″, through the Xiaomi Redmibook 13, the Xiaomi Redmibook Air 13, the Xiaomi Redmibook 14, the successor of the latter, the Xiaomi Redmibook 14 II, or the new Redmibook 14 Pro and Redmibook 15 Pro, launched in March 2021.
All other Xiaomi laptops, to date, are 15.6″ (Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15, Xiaomi Mi Gaming, Xiaomi Redmi G Gaming, etc.), the most common size on the market, with the exception of the older Xiaomi Mi Air 13 and Xiaomi Mi Air 12.5, or the new Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14, launched in March 2021.
8) Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro Laptop Battery
One of the highlights of the Redmibook range, and all the latest generation of Xiaomi laptops, is precisely its incredible battery. With a 70Wh battery that can last up to 12 HOURS, yes, you read that right. According to Xiaomi, this is exactly what it says: local video playback for 12 hours. This is only surpassed by the old Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 2020 Enhanced Edition, which reaches 17 hours with a 60Mhw battery, this being the best duration we have seen in a Xiaomi laptop so far, and probably one of the best worldwide.
And if that’s not enough, it features an ultra-fast Thunderbolt 4 type 1C (or USB-C) charging port. This will allow you to charge your Xiaomi laptop to 50% in just 35 minutes, at a speed of 100W, and remember, 50% of 12 hours is 6 hours, not bad, right? Also, thanks to the Type-C (or USB-C) charging port, you will be able to charge your Xiaomi laptop with any powerbank or portable battery you carry with you for your smartphone as well. In short: out of battery, you’re not going to run out of juice with this Redmibook 15 Pro.
9) Connectivity and peripherals
Starting with the Internet, it has Intel 2 x 2 WiFi and supports 802.11ax (WiFi 6), 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz dual-band (dual band), with a theoretical maximum speed of 2.4Gbps and Bluetooth 5.1 wireless technology. With regard to its connections, it has the following:
- Multi-function USB-C: multi-functional interface with ultra-fast data transmission, support for charging, video output, etc.
- Thunderbolt 4: ultra-fast charging
- USB 3.2 Gen 1: ultra-fast 5 Gbps data transfer
- USB 2.0
- 3.5mm Jack
Moving on to the keyboard, it features a full-size layout (i.e., nothing reduced like some “micro” laptops) with a 1.5mm keystroke. As for the trackpad or touchpad, it is 6″ inches (exactly 125mm x 81.6mm). As for the rest, it supports multi-finger gesture control (called Microsoft PTP clickpad technology), which is quite common, allowing us to do things like swipe up and down on the screen, switch programs/screens, zoom, and many others.
This is the first time that Xiaomi has incorporated premium features from the Mi line into the Redmibooks.By this I mean that yes, it also has a backlit keyboard and fingerprint unlocking, like the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro.
Finally, a very recent and modern aspect that Redmibooks include are wearables, such as a smartwatch, a Xiaomi Mi Band, your smartphone, etc. Basically, you can link them to your Redmibook and if you get close, it unlocks without the need to enter the password, and if you move away, it locks automatically. Something very useful, smart and cool (uh, how many cool words). We can see it in action in the following video:
10) Camera and audio
Finally Xiaomi has put some common sense in this field, and has equipped the new Redmibook 15 Pro and Redmibook 14 Pro with cameras. Something as simple as that, and is that no other Redmibook to date had a camera, something so necessary now that half of us work from home. So another point in Xiaomi’s favor.
As for the audio, the speaker comes from Dolby with high quality DTS-dimensional immersive sound system with 2W x 2.
11) Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro laptop accessories
To finish completing your perfect kit for the Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro laptop, the following accessories could not be missing:
- Mouse: Do you need one? Yes. Maybe you already have one around the house? Also, but… Is it as cool as the new Xiaomi Mi Dual Mode Wireless Mouse (Silent Edition)? Surely not, and it sure doesn’t have all its features either, so forget about crappy (or broken, I’m racking them up…) mice and complete the kit to match the gear you’re getting.
- Case: I won’t repeat myself, but yes, you need one, and a real one, not because it’s “cool”. You’ll see how funny it will be when you drop your laptop and charge it. And it fits exactly the size of the Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro.
- Laptop stand: this is my favorite, because yes, it’s there for more than just making you look more professional. It saves you from endless neck and back pain. Since the day I bought one out of curiosity, I have never been able to work without it again. 100% useful and necessary, and totally portable, look at the pictures and you’ll see!
- Multicompartment case: if you usually take your laptop to work, or carry other documents, charger and others with you, the most comfortable is a case like this one. Padded and reinforced, and has a strap adjustable to the size of the computer, thus being able to protect laptops from 12″ to 17″..
12) Weight, dimensions and system
To close already, some basic data about your new Xiaomi laptop. We find a length of 350.1mm and a width of 242.3mm, with a thickness of just 17.9mm. As far as weight is concerned, it’s right at 1.79kg, and as we’ve already mentioned above, it’s made entirely of metal, to keep it cool, sturdy and lightweight. It has the operating system par excellence of the moment, Windows 10 Home Edition, probably the most comfortable and easy to use for everyone.
The complete package includes all of the following:
- USB-C charging cable (x1)
- Start-up guide (x1)
- Xiaomi Laptop (x1)
In addition, we may add some accessories, details or gifts, or adapters whenever necessary, but that is up to us. What comes in the official Xiaomi package is exclusively the above.
Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro laptop: comparison
Here we will put our beloved Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro in perspective with the other Xiaomi laptops, briefly but clearly, so that you know if this is the Xiaomi laptop you were looking for so much, or if one of the other Xiaomi laptops is a better fit for you:
1) Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro vs. Mi Notebook Pro Xiaomi
Xiaomi makes it very difficult for us to compare these two, both launched just 1 month apart. For both laptops are almost identical. The only difference is the display of the new Mi Notebook Pro 15 (2021), which is a 3.5K OLED E4 Super Retina with 261 PPI, 600 nits of brightness, ultra-high contrast of 1,000,000:1, made of super-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass material and with a screen-to-body ratio of 93%.
Yes, it’s awesome, but the Redmibook 15 Pro’s display is already Super Retina 3.2K with 242 PPI, 300 nits of brightness and a screen-to-body ratio of 89%. So in the end it boils down to this: do you want the best laptop on the market with the best screen out there? Surely, but maybe you don’t need so much and want to save a few euros? Stick with the Redmibook 15 Pro.
Normally the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro has never had a rival in the past, but after seeing it, the question remains whether the new Redmibook 15 Pro will take the initiative and become Xiaomi’s reference notebook from now on. Apart from the screen, the battery changes, which lasts about 1 hour longer, and instead of saying Redmi, it says Xiaomi, nothing else.
2) Redmi G and Xiaomi Mi Gaming vs. Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro
In Xiaomi’s Gaming class we find several variants, although all with a very similar central axis: gamer design and maximum performance. To be precise, this line includes the Redmi G Gaming and the Xiaomi Mi Gaming. In the end, the concept is the same for both. That is, they present a gamer aesthetic, all in black with backlit keyboards in multiple colors and very robust equipment, in terms of thickness and weight. Very different aesthetically from the rest of Xiaomi laptops, so that’s up to you, for tastes colors.
In terms of performance, if you want to play the most powerful games on the market with all the specifications to the maximum, this is your only option. Starting with its processors, these always feature the most powerful variants of these. For example, if we see other Xiaomi laptops with Intel i5 or even Intel i7, these will be of the U range, while the i7 of Xiaomi Gaming laptops are of the H range, technically superior in power and performance.
Surprisingly, there the new Redmibook 14 Pro and Redmibook 15 Pro have caught up with them, as they have the latest generation processors, class H as well, so nothing to envy in that sense.
Finally, the last and biggest difference between Xiaomi Gaming laptops and the rest: their graphics card. In short, we will say that, in all cases, they have NVIDIA GeForce RTX or GTX graphics cards, which are basically the most powerful of the brand, and all of them have between 4GB and 6GB dedicated to graphics performance, that is, so that your game performs with all the specifications to the maximum.
3) Xiaomi Mi Air vs. Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro
The Xiaomi Mi Air lineage, with its representatives, the Xiaomi Mi Air 13 (13.3″) laptop, and the Xiaomi Mi Air 12.5″, could be said to be the parents of the Redmibook, its predecessors. I won’t get too long with this one because it would basically be repeating the same comment made as for the Xiaomi Redmibook laptops. When they were initially launched they created great expectation, and were the best selling Xiaomi laptops after the famous Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro, hence their great popularity, and the fact that they have created a second generation much more complete in terms of versions and technical combinations (RAM options, storage, processor, graphics card, etc.).
Basically they are starting to become somewhat obsolete simply because there is more choice and variety on the Redmibook side, and because the latter incorporate slightly newer and, depending on the version, somewhat more powerful technology, which was not offered on the Xiaomi Mi Air at the time, although they still have some interesting versions. Also, if you’re interested in an ultra-small laptop, the Xiaomi Mi Air are the only ones to offer a model with a 12.5″ inch screen.
Conclusion: what we liked most about the Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro notebook
What we liked the most, and what a potential user of the Redmibook 15 Pro should have in mind if they decide to go for it, would be to have a high performance device, fitted within a modern and clean design, with thin margins, premium all-metal finish, and very flexible dimensions, thickness and weight when it comes to moving around.
At the same time, the incredible battery of the Redmibook 15 Pro cannot be overlooked. Counting with 70Wh that promise us up to 12 hours of use, charging at 100W thanks to the charger with Thunderbolt 4 ultra-fast charging connection, resulting in 50% of the battery ready in just 35 minutes.
The power that Xiaomi incorporates in this new laptop is spectacular. This is the highlight of this equipment, with H-class processors, latest generation (11th gen.), in i5 and i7 variants, with powers up to 4.8GHz and 3200MHz. Together with the new NVIDIA GeForce MX450 graphics, which offers a big step forward compared to its previous generation, the MX350, being about 30% more powerful.
Finally, the common denominator of the Redmibook line is clearly the price-performance ratio. The premium finish and materials, together with the technical performance of the Redmibooks, are practically incomprehensible at the prices they are priced at. There is no other notebook on the market that offers so much quality for so little.
Moreover, the Redmibook 15 Pro is clearly marked as Xiaomi’s best option so far, being therefore also the best option within the Redmibook, with an exceptional price-performance ratio for a high-end, high-performance device with premium features and functionalities.
* This description may contain errors. The user is responsible for verifying this information and the company is not responsible, nor this text is legally binding.
* Prices and final availability of products will be confirmed once the order is placed. They may be subject to change, which may be accepted or rejected by the customer. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice and may vary from warehouse to warehouse.
4 reviews for Xiaomi Redmibook 15 Pro (2021) Laptop
Add a review Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a review.
CONSTRUCTION AND WEIGHT
- Shipping: all our shipments are delivered within 3-7 working days, provided that the shipping option is marked from Europe to Europe. Otherwise, if it is marked from Factory to Worldwide, the delivery time is between 2-4 weeks, and according to availability of each product, with the following considerations:
- If the order has been placed outside working hours, it will be processed the following day.
- If the order cannot be processed on time due to operational reasons, see over-ordering, out-of-stock, etc.
- If the carrier is delayed, we have no control over the carrier.
- free rush delivery: all our orders have free express delivery (delivery 3-7 working days) to the whole European Union. If factory delivery is selected (delivery 2-4 weeks), delivery is free worldwide. In both methods, extra-peninsular shipments have a cost of €19.90.
- customs: all shipments to any country in the European Union are free of customs duties and the customer will never have to incur this expense, except in special tax rate intra-community zones. Likewise, shipments to the United States and Russia are exempt from customs duties. Regarding the United Kingdom, Mexico and the rest of the world, any customs duties that may exist are the sole responsibility of the customer.
- returnS: All products other than laptops can be returned or exchanged up to 14 days after receipt. Please note that the product must be unused, have all original tags and be in the same condition in which you received it. To make a return, please email us at email@example.com. The cost of return shipping must be covered by the customer and if the customer has paid for the initial one-way shipping of the order, it is non-refundable. Regarding laptops and tablets, because each and every one of them require customization (adaptation) for system and keyboard to work 100% in the selected language, we can not offer refund as the product is no longer in the original state, except that the equipment has errors, in which case it will be repaired, and if it is not possible, another new equipment will be delivered, but the amount of the purchase will not be refunded.
- EXCHANGES: for all products other than laptops and tablets, if you have changed your mind and prefer something else, simply return the products you are not happy with, place a new order with the new products and we will refund the amount of the returned products, minus shipping costs, if any.
- warranty: the warranty is offered directly by us at our European technical center, and covers manufacturing defects of the equipment, in no case errors or damages derived directly or indirectly from the customer's activity. Shipments to the technical center are covered worldwide.
- united kingdom: orders are shipped with VAT (not IGIC or others), and the customer is responsible for any additional tax or fee to be paid for packages coming from the European Union.
Chanel Bailey –
Excellent Device…I have been using this device for a month now and satisficed with the overall performance.
Molly Conway –
This laptop is capable of running complicated software, such as Revit, and has helped meet the needs of today’s hybrid work environment where mobility is essential.
Excelente computador portátil e muito bom serviço!
Viviana Owen –
Great for its price, and was great for the workload I need. Easy to use, high quality components, and a very fast rendering speed