Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) Laptop
€1.049,00 – €1.299,00 incl. VAT
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) laptop with Intel i5 or i7 processor up to 4.8GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce MX450 2GB dedicated graphics, or integrated Intel Iris Xe, 512GB SSD storage, with battery for up to 13 hours of use and 14″ LCD display 2.5K resolution.
The Xiaomi laptop, or Xiaomi laptops in general, broke the market from the first moment they went on sale and began to become popular worldwide. The value for money they offered in terms of features, design and versatility was unbeatable, and still is to this day. They are often compared to Apple Macbooks for their quality, but at a fraction of the price.
– SYSTEM AND KEYBOARD ADAPTED TO THE SELECTED LANGUAGE –
Buying a Xiaomi laptop was an almost impossible task. First they were in Chinese, then they took a month to arrive.
Even more complex was if you wanted a Xiaomi Laptop from Europe with warranty. It was also impossible to get a laptop in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian or Portuguese.
Finally, Xiaomi laptops arrive worldwide from Xiaomi Home, the only official Xiaomi store with worlwide reach to sell the prestigious Xiaomi laptops with warranty, shipping from Europe to Europe or from factory to worldwide and adapted to English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian or Portuguese, both in terms of system and keyboard. Find out more here.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) laptop: Introduction
The Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) is the newest in the Mi Notebook family. The most famous and best in ultrabook-like performance of the Xiaomi notebooks. For this very reason, the Mi Notebooks have always been recognized as Xiaomi’s top of the line.
With this new edition of the famous Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro, the flagship of Xiaomi laptops, is how Xiaomi seeks to set the trend in the field of ultrabooks, with some of the most advanced features seen so far in a laptop of this type, so thin and with just 1.5kg.
Thus, it is surprising how much Xiaomi has managed to integrate within such a limited space, achieving a team of the highest level on a global scale. Let’s take a look at its main features:
- Made entirely of metal with a weight of 1.5kg.
- Intel i5-11300H or i7-11370H processor with up to 4.8GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce MX450 2GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics or integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 512GB ultra-fast SSD storage
- 14″ inch Super Retina display in 2.5K resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass reinforced glass
- 16GB of dual-channel DDR4 3200MHz RAM memory
- 56Wh battery with Thunderbolt 4 type C charger with ultra-fast charging at 100W, allowing you to charge up to 50% of the battery in just 35 minutes and, mind you, it can last up to 11 hours!
Buy Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021): specifications
1) Xiaomi laptop versions and differences
The Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021)has 3 different versions. In all cases, 2 aspects vary: processor and graphics card. Regarding the processor, it can be Intel i5-11300H or Intel i7-11370H. And regarding the graphics card, it can be NVIDIA GeForce MX450 with 2GB dedicated GDDR5, or Intel Iris Xe Graphics integrated.
Here we leave you a summary comparison of all versions, with each of their combinations to clearly see what changes from one to the other, with these changes marked in orange with respect to the above version of each one.
For a more extensive and visual comparison, close this “Description” tab and open the “Comparison of versions” tab:
- 1) Processor: Intel i5-10300H + RAM: 16GB + Storage: 512GB SSD + Graphics card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics (integrated)
- 2) Processor: Intel i5-10300H + RAM: 16GB + Storage: 512GB SSD + Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce MX450 (2GB dedicated)
- 3) Processor: Intel i7-13700H + RAM: 16GB + Storage: 512GB SSD + Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce MX450 (2GB dedicated)
2)Processor of the Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021)
The Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) has two processor options, the Intel i5-11300H, combinable with both NVIDIA GeForce MX450 and Intel Iris Xe graphics, while the other alternative, the Intel i7-11370H, is only available with the first graphics option, i.e. the more powerful of the two.
In more detail, the Intel i5-11300H is the 11th generation of Intel processors, the latest and most powerful to date. It reaches up to 4.4GHz of turbo power, with 3.1GHz of normal, and has 4 cores (quadcore) and 8 threads, as well as three-level cache at 8MB.
The other variant, which is the most powerful, has an Intel i7-11370H, also of the latest generation (11th). This reaches 4.8GHz of power in turbo, and 3.3GHz in normal, also with 4 cores (quadcore) and 8 threads, although with three levels of cache at 12MB, compared to the 8MB of the Intel i5.
3) Xiaomi laptop graphics card
The Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) has an NVIDIA GeForce MX450 in its two most powerful versions, with 2GB dedicated. In its other case, we find the integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics card, which is a notable difference from the previous one.
So if graphics and gaming are important aspects for you, the Intel version with the NVIDIA GeForce MX450 is your choice. With it you will be able to play virtually all games, even the latest generation, with medium – high settings.
If we still wanted more in this field, we only have one option right now, and we should go to a quite different type of laptop. The range of Xiaomi Gaming laptops where we find graphics cards with up to 6GB dedicated, where, without a doubt, we will be able to play any game with the graphics specifications to the maximum.
It has support for three-screen display and dual 4K video playback: that is, it can be connected to two 4K resolution displays, Full HD laptop display, or three displays showing different content. In addition, it has full-featured USB-C video output and HDMI video output. Resolution varies according to Hz as discussed below:
- 1080p resolution (up to 240 Hz)
- 4K resolution (up to 60 Hz)
- Video HDMI:
- 1080p resolution (up to 144Hz)
- 4K resolution (up to 30Hz)
4) RAM memory of the laptop Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021)
This time, Xiaomi has gone all out, and all versions come with 16GB of DDR4 RAM as standard. This is a clear statement of intent in terms of power and quality, which can be seen in every aspect of this laptop. It also improves to 3200MHz dual-channel, compared to the 2666MHz that presented the rest of Xiaomi laptops presented to date.
5) Xiaomi laptop storage space
The Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) laptop has only versions with 512GB SSD storage in all cases. Very important to note that this is SSD storage space, something that is starting to become quite common among mid-range and high-end laptops, and of course, in all Xiaomi laptops, which makes the whole computer go much faster. As far as we know so far, it is not expandable.
6) Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) Notebook Design
This is a field where all Xiaomi laptops, especially those launched more recently (from 2018 onwards), stand out enormously. Let’s be clear: if you go looking, you will find another laptop with similar specifications at a technical level. Now, when you ask these ones:
- Have a “transportable” weight (living up to its “portable” name).
- An elegant, slim, professional, minimalist, subtle design (can you tell I like its design? I’ll stop now, sorry!).
- And that it is constructed of premium materials (all metal).
All this “put together” in the clean and organized way of Xiaomi laptops, you can go quietly at prices ranging from double that of Xiaomi laptops, up to 3-4 times more, being their close cousins the Apple MacBook.
And even so, you will never be able to count on the reliability and confidence that what you have in your hands is a Xiaomi laptop. There is a reason why their smartphones have become number 1 in sales in Spain in less than 1 year since they landed here, right? Well now take that, and apply it to their laptops.
That said, let’s get down to business.
With a clean and modern finish, made of pure metal to keep the equipment cool at all times and resistant to bumps, drops and scratches, the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) laptop features a 14″ inch screen (which we’ll talk about in detail in a moment in the next section).
The difference lies in the thin margins of the screen, with an excellent screen-to-space ratio, making the most of the available space and enhancing its appearance.
7) Laptop screen Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021)
As we advanced a moment ago, our favorite laptop has a 14″ inch screen, which makes this laptop the most powerful, versatile and flexible of all Xiaomi laptops. Although this time Xiaomi has pulled out all its artillery. For it is not only a high-definition screen, but neither more nor less than a Super Retina display with 2.5K resolution (2560 x 1600).
It has a brightness of 300 nits and a contrast ratio of 1000:1, with a refresh rate of 120Hz, adjustable to 90 and 60Hz if desired via the Fn + S keyboard combination. The above resolution translates to 216 PPI with a display ratio of 16:10. In addition, this is an anti-glare Corning Gorilla Glass reinforced display with 178º viewing angle.
Very interesting also are the extremely thin bezels of just 4.3mm. that give a modern and clean look, and maximizes the screen-to-body ratio up to 88%. Now, if your laptop usage allows for a 14″ screen, and you want what has already been dubbed by many as the best screen ever seen on a laptop to date, check out the Mi Notebook Pro 15 (2021).
7.1) Brief comparison of Xiaomi notebook displays
As far as screen size is concerned (and consequently, the size of the entire laptop itself), the Redmibook line has the widest range of options in this regard. It ranges from 16.1″ to 13″, between the models Redmibook 13, Redmibook Air 13, Redmibook 14, the successor of the latter, the Redmibook 14 II., or the new Redmibook 14 Pro and Redmibook 15 Pro, launched in March 2021.
The rest of Xiaomi laptops, to date, are 15.6″ (Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro X 15, Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15, Xiaomi Mi Gaming, Xiaomi Redmi G, etc.), the most common size in the market, except for the old Xiaomi Mi Air 13 and Xiaomi Mi Air 12.5, or the new Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14, launched in March 2021.
This is unusual among Mi Notebook Pro laptops, which were always offered with 15.6″ screens. This is a more portable alternative for Xiaomi laptops‘ users, as the 14″ option really makes the difference and makes it a very light and comfortable laptop to carry.
8) Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 laptop battery (2021)
One of the highlights of the Mi Notebook range, and of all the latest generation of Xiaomi laptops, is precisely its incredible battery. With a 56Wh battery that can last up to 11 HOURS, yes, you read that right. According to Xiaomi, this is exactly what it says: local video playback for 11 hours.
This is only surpassed by the old Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 2020 Enhanced Edition, which reaches 17 hours with a 60Mhw battery, this being the best duration we have seen in a Xiaomi laptop from Spain so far, and probably one of the best worldwide.
And if that’s not enough, it features an ultra-fast Thunderbolt 4 type 1C (or USB-C) charging port. This will allow you to charge your Xiaomi laptop to 50% in just 35 minutes, at a speed of 100W, and remember, 50% of 11 hours is 5.5 hours, not bad, right?
Also, thanks to the Type-C (or USB-C) charging port, you will be able to charge your Xiaomi laptop with any powerbank or portable battery you carry with you for your smartphone as well. In short: out of battery, you’re not going to run out of juice with this Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021).
9) Connectivity and peripherals
Starting with the Internet, it has Intel 2 x 2 WiFi and supports 802.11ax (WiFi 6), 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz dual-band (dual band), with a theoretical maximum speed of 2.4Gbps and Bluetooth 5.1 wireless technology. With regard to its connections, it has the following:
- x2 multi-function USB-C: ultra-fast 5 Gbps data transfer
- Thunderbolt 4: Ultra-fast charging
- Jack de 3,5 mm
- A connection port for HDMI and USB 3.2 is included in the package (see image below).
Moving on to the keyboard, it features a full-size layout (i.e., nothing reduced like some “micro” laptops) with a 1.5mm keystroke. As for the trackpad or touchpad, it is 6″ inches (exactly 125mm x 81.6mm).
As for the rest, it supports multi-finger gesture control (called Microsoft PTP clickpad technology), which is quite common, allowing us to do things like swipe up and down on the screen, switch programs/screens, zoom, and many others. A couple of very premium and interesting details are the backlit keyboard and fingerprint unlocking.
Finally, a very recent and modern aspect included in the Mi Notebook are the “wearables”, such as a smartwatch, a Xiaomi Mi Band, your smartphone, and so on.
Basically, you can link them to your Mi Notebook and if you get close, it unlocks without the need to enter the password, and if you move away, it locks automatically. Something very useful, smart and cool (uh, how many cool words). We can see it in action in the following video:
10) Camera & audio
Finally Xiaomi has put some common sense in this field, and has equipped its recently launched laptops with cameras. Something as simple as that, and is that all the other most recent releases, coming from the Redmibook family, did not have a camera, something quite strange. Fortunately, the latest Redmibooks launched, as well as the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021), all have a camera again.
As for the audio, the speaker comes from Dolby with high quality DTS-dimensional immersive sound system with 2W x 2.
11) Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) Notebook Accessories
To finish completing your perfect kit for the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) laptop, the following accessories could not be missing:
- Mouse: Do you need one? Yes. Maybe you already have one around the house? Also, but… Is it as cool as the new Xiaomi Mi Dual Mode Wireless Mouse (Silent Edition)? Surely not, and it sure doesn’t have all its features either, so forget about crappy (or broken, I’m racking them up…) mice and complete the kit to match the gear you’re getting.
- Case: I won’t repeat myself, but yes, you need one, and a real one, not because it’s “cool”. You’ll see how funny it will be when you drop your laptop and charge it. And it fits exactly the size of the Xiaomi Redmibook 14 Pro.
- Laptop stand: this is my favorite, because yes, it’s there for more than just making you look more professional. It saves you from endless neck and back pain. Since the day I bought one out of curiosity, I have never been able to work without it again. 100% useful and necessary, and totally portable, look at the pictures and you’ll see!
- Multicompartment briefcase: if you take your laptop to work, documents, charger and so on. The most comfortable is a case like this one. Padded and reinforced, and with a strap adjustable to the size of the computer, protecting laptops from 12″ to 17″.
12) Weight, dimensions and system
To close already, some basic data about your new Xiaomi laptop. We find a length of 315.6mm and a width of 220.4mm, with a thickness of just 15.6mm.
As far as weight is concerned, it’s right at 1.5kg, and as we’ve already mentioned above, it’s made entirely of metal, to keep it cool, sturdy and lightweight. It has the operating system par excellence of the moment, Windows 10 Home Edition, probably the most comfortable and easy to use for everyone.
The complete package includes all of the following:
- Xiaomi Laptop (x1)
- Port connections (x1)
- Charger (x1)
- USB-C charging cable (x1)
- Start-up guide (x1)
In addition, we may add some accessories, details or gifts, or adapters whenever necessary, but that is up to us. What comes in the official Xiaomi package is exclusively the above.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021): Comparison
Here we will put our beloved Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) in perspective with the other Xiaomi laptops, briefly but clearly, so that you know if this is the Xiaomi laptop you were looking for so much, or if one of the other Xiaomi laptops is a better fit for you:
1) Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) vs. Xiaomi Redmibook 14 Pro
Xiaomi makes it difficult for us to compare these two, both launched just 1 month apart. For both laptops are virtually identical.
As far as we can tell, these are the only differences between the two laptops: the processor of the Mi Notebook Pro 14 is slightly more powerful, reaching 4.8GHz, compared to the maximum 4.4GHz of the Redmibook 14 Pro, although the latter beats the former by 30-60 minutes of battery life, something that we doubt is a decisive factor in opting for one or the other.
Finally, the laptop in question has a reinforced Corning Gorilla Glass screen, which the Redmibook does not have. And so much for that. Apart from the fact that one will say Redmibook and the other Xiaomi, nothing else.
2) Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) vs. Redmi G y Xiaomi Mi Gaming
In Xiaomi’s Gaming class we find several variants, although all with a very similar central axis: gamer design and maximum performance. To be precise, this line includes the Redmi G Gaming and the Xiaomi Mi Gaming. In the end, the concept is the same for both.
That is, they present a gamer aesthetic, all in black with backlit keyboards in multiple colors and very robust equipment, in terms of thickness and weight. Very different aesthetically from the rest of Xiaomi laptops, so that’s up to you, for tastes colors.
In terms of performance, if you want to play the most powerful games on the market with all the specifications to the maximum, this is your only option. Starting with its processors, these always feature the most powerful variants of these.
For example, if we see other Xiaomi laptops with Intel i5 or even Intel i7, these will be from the U range, while the i7 of Xiaomi Gaming laptops are from the H range, technically superior in power and performance.
Surprisingly, there the new Redmibook 14 Pro, Redmibook 15 Pro, Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) and Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) have caught up with them, as they feature state-of-the-art, H-class processors as well, so nothing to envy in that regard.
Finally, the last and biggest difference between Xiaomi Gaming laptops and the rest: their graphics card. In summary, we will say that, in all cases, they have NVIDIA GeForce RTX or GTX graphics cards. These are basically the most powerful of the brand, and all of them have between 4GB and 6GB dedicated to graphics performance. Which will allow your game to perform at full specs.
In conclusion, games at full throttle? This one. Not full blown games? Not this one.
3) Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) vs. Xiaomi Mi Air
The Xiaomi Mi Air lineage, with its representatives, the Xiaomi Mi Air 13 (13.3″) laptop, and the Xiaomi Mi Air 12.5“, could be said to be the parents of the Redmibook, its predecessors. I won’t get too long with this one because it would basically be repeating the same comment made as for the Xiaomi Redmibook laptops.
When they were initially launched they created great expectation. Which made them the best selling Xiaomi laptops after the famous Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro. This led them to create a much more complete second generation in terms of versions and technical combinations (RAM, storage, processor, graphics card, etc.).
Basically they are starting to become somewhat obsolete simply because there is more choice and variety on the Redmibook side.
The latter incorporate slightly newer and, somewhat more powerful technology that was not offered in the Xiaomi Mi Air at the time, although they still have some interesting versions. Also, if you’re interested in an ultra-small laptop, the Xiaomi Mi Air are the only ones to offer a model with a 12.5″ inch screen.
Conclusion: what we liked most about the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) laptop
What we liked the most, and what a potential user of the Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) should have in mind if they decide to go for it, would be to have a high-performance device. All this within a modern and clean design, with thin margins, premium all-metal finish. And that’s not all, dimensions, thickness and weight very flexible when it comes to m
At the same time, the incredible battery of the Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) cannot be overlooked. Counting with 56Wh that promise us up to 11 hours of use, charging at 100W thanks to the charger with Thunderbolt 4 ultra-fast charging connection, resulting in 50% of the battery ready in just 35 minutes.
The power that Xiaomi incorporates in this new laptop is spectacular.
This is the highlight of this equipment, with H-class processors, latest generation (11th gen.), in i5 and i7 variants, with powers up to 4.8GHz and 3200MHz. Together with the new NVIDIA GeForce MX450 graphics, which offers a big step forward compared to its previous generation, the MX350, being about 30% more powerful.
Finally, the 2.5K Super Retina display with 300 nits brightness and 216 PPI, with a screen-to-body ratio of 88%. Even more, the Mi Notebook Pro 14 (2021) clearly marks itself as Xiaomi’s most elite and powerful option so far in the sub-15.6″ laptop category.
* This description may contain errors. The user is responsible for verifying this information and the company is not responsible, nor this text is legally binding.
* Prices and final availability of products will be confirmed once the order is placed. They may be subject to change, which may be accepted or rejected by the customer. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice and may vary from warehouse to warehouse.
- Shipping: all our shipments are delivered within 3-7 working days, provided that the shipping option is marked from Europe to Europe. Otherwise, if it is marked from Factory to Worldwide, the delivery time is between 2-4 weeks, and according to availability of each product, with the following considerations:
- If the order has been placed outside working hours, it will be processed the following day.
- If the order cannot be processed on time due to operational reasons, see over-ordering, out-of-stock, etc.
- If the carrier is delayed, we have no control over the carrier.
- free rush delivery: all our orders have free express delivery (delivery 3-7 working days) to the whole European Union. If factory delivery is selected (delivery 2-4 weeks), delivery is free worldwide. In both methods, extra-peninsular shipments have a cost of €19.90.
- customs: all shipments to any country in the European Union are free of customs duties and the customer will never have to incur this expense, except in special tax rate intra-community zones. Likewise, shipments to the United States and Russia are exempt from customs duties. Regarding the United Kingdom, Mexico and the rest of the world, any customs duties that may exist are the sole responsibility of the customer.
- returnS: All products other than laptops can be returned or exchanged up to 14 days after receipt. Please note that the product must be unused, have all original tags and be in the same condition in which you received it. To make a return, please email us at email@example.com. The cost of return shipping must be covered by the customer and if the customer has paid for the initial one-way shipping of the order, it is non-refundable. Regarding laptops and tablets, because each and every one of them require customization (adaptation) for system and keyboard to work 100% in the selected language, we can not offer refund as the product is no longer in the original state, except that the equipment has errors, in which case it will be repaired, and if it is not possible, another new equipment will be delivered, but the amount of the purchase will not be refunded.
- EXCHANGES: for all products other than laptops and tablets, if you have changed your mind and prefer something else, simply return the products you are not happy with, place a new order with the new products and we will refund the amount of the returned products, minus shipping costs, if any.
- warranty: the warranty is offered directly by us at our European technical center, and covers manufacturing defects of the equipment, in no case errors or damages derived directly or indirectly from the customer's activity. Shipments to the technical center are covered worldwide.
- united kingdom: orders are shipped with VAT (not IGIC or others), and the customer is responsible for any additional tax or fee to be paid for packages coming from the European Union.